- Horse & Country TV is a British TV channel broadcasting in the UK and Ireland, it is a free-to-view channel on satellite television Sky digital channel 253. H&C TV features programming about equestrianism and British country lifestyle. Horse & Country programming is also available via cable in Germany, Netherlands, Sweden and Australia. The channel is also available to watch via H&C Play in each territory (except Germany) via the website or mobile app.
Problems receiving H&C on Sky?
If you’re experiencing problems, try a forced download to the set top box.
- Power off at the mains.
- Press backup on the set top box and hold down.
- Re-apply the mains keeping the backup button pressed.
- Wait 30 or so seconds, until all the lights come on the set top box and a message appears on the tv to wait 10 minutes.
- After the download the set top box will go in to standby. Wait around 1 minute.
If you still experience problems, you may need to talk to Sky’s customer service team.
Programmes are appearing stretched on my television.
If you are watching a programme that appears stretched, this could be because your Sky box and / or television are set up incorrectly.
There are a few steps to try, but these will vary between Sky box and television makes.
- Ensure your Sky box’s HDMI picture settings are on automatic, and not 720 or 1080
- Ensure your television’s picture settings are on automatic or original
- If you are using an HDMI cable, try swapping this for a scart lead.
If you continue to experience problems, please contact Sky and / or your television manufacturer.
Note: Please only change settings on your Sky box or television if you are confident you know how to reset them, as we are unable to accept responsibility for any changes made.
1. How will you use my private contact info?
We will only use your private contact information if you have opted to receive emails from H&C and/or our selected partners. We do not sell your information on and we will not spam you.
2. Will you use/republish any of the info, photos or materials I submit to the site?
By submitting information/photos to our site (e.g. events) you are granting H&C the right to reuse your materials in way suitable to the purpose at hand (e.g. promoting an event). However, note that the intellectual property of any materials remains yours. Please read our Terms of Service for more information.
3. I’ve seen a photo (or copyright works) that belongs to me published in your site without my permission.
We respect your intellectual property and go to great lengths to ensure that anything we published is correctly licensed and attributed. Nonetheless, if you do see any material on our site that you feel violates your copyright, please contact us. Read our Copyright Policy to find out how.
4. What happens to my personal information when I delete my account?
1. How do I share H&C content that I like with my friends?
You will notice as you browse through the H&C site, that there’s a Share link next to the many different types of content available. Regardless of whether it’s a video, an interesting article or a blog post that has caught your eye, you can share it with your friend by just:
- Clicking on the Share link next to the content you wish to share
- Fill in your friend’s email addresses, your own and a brief message
Your friends will receive an email with a link pointing them to the content that you’ve shared with them.
2. How do I rate H&C content?
Rating our content is the best way to let us know what content you find most interesting, but most importantly, it’s a great way to collectively flag to other H&C users the most noteworthy content. It’s nice to know what the rest of the community thinks and give your opinion in return. You will find a Rate link next to the current rating on content such as video, articles, etc
- Click on RATE
- Select the desired rating
Start rating today and voting with your clicks!
3. I left a comment on a blog or TV episode and it has not yet appeared?
Sometimes it takes a little while for comments to appear. As long as your comment is appropriate and follows our community guidelines, it will appear shortly.
4. How do I report abusive, or inappropriate comments?
If you do see a comment that’s abusive, offensive or violates in any ways our community guidelines, please report it via our contacts page.
1. How do I register for an H&C account?
Registering for a new account gives you access to some of the more advanced features in the site. To create a new account:
- Click on the Sign-up link on the top navigation
- In the form that appears, provide a Username – this will be the name that will be visible to other users on the site.
- Enter your email and the captcha code (so we know you are a real person and not a spammer)
We’ll send you an email with instructions and a link you must follow in order to complete your registration. If you have not received this email within a few minutes, please check your spam folder.
2. I’ve forgotten my password. How do I reset it?
If you forget your password, you can request your password to be reset by:
- Clicking on the ‘“Log in” link on the top navigation (top left of any page)
- A small window will appear prompting you to log in. Click on the “Request new password” link.
- You will then be told what to do next.
We’ll send you an email containing instructions and a special url that you can follow to reset your password.
3. I have forgotten my user name. Can I get a reminder?
If you have forgotten your user name, try logging into the site with the email address that you used to register. If you don’t remember your password, please follow the process to reset your password and when prompted If you are unable to remember both your H&C username and the email you used to register, please contact customer care.
4. How do I delete my account?
If you wish to delete your H&C account and have your personal information removed from our databases, please send a request to customer care.
5. Why do I need to provide personal information to register?
6. Do you ever share my personal information with third parties?
7. How do I manage my settings?
You may change your account settings and preferences at any time. Log into your account, and then click on ‘Account Info’ on the top navigation. You will see three tabs, each allowing you to edit different parts of your profile:
- Account: email associated with your H&C account, and password.
- Basic Profile Info: edit your first and last names here.
- Preferences: Location, interests and communication/marketing preferences (how H&C and its partners may communicate with you).
1. How do you select the event information you publish?
H&C has relationships with a broad selection of the federated institutions, official organisations and associations, which organise and/or sponsor a wide variety of events. Most of the information on major events is normally supplied by them. Nonetheless, we know that H&C users have tons of initiative and organise a lot of events that could benefit from a little publicity, so we encourage all our users to submit any kind of event that may be of interest to other H&C users. To learn more about how to submit an event, read the instructions below.
2. How do I submit an event and what is the minimum amount of information required?
It’s easy! Go to our submissions page and fill out the form. Some essential bits of content will be mandatory, so we can adequately describe the event to H&C users and categorise it properly so it appears on the Events search results pages. Some of the information is optional (e.g. photos), but by including this information it will make your event appear as appealing as possible among the many other events in its category. The more information that you provide, the easier it’ll be for our users to find it, learn about it and book it! So make it memorable, and they will attend.
3. Can I edit an event I’ve submitted?
Unfortunately, the only way to edit or update any of the information on an event you have submitted to H&C, is to contact Customer Care. We are working to make the process more dynamic, so you can edit the event yourself online in the future.
4. What if someone else has submitted my event
If you feel that someone has added your event to H&C without your explicit consent, please get in touch with our Customer Care team and we’ll do our best to resolve the situation as quickly as possible. At our discretion, we may remove the event from our site while a valid claim is being investigated. The same applies if you need to correct some of its details of one of your organisation’s events. Get in touch with us.
5. How do I report erroneous event or venue information?
While H&C will screen and make reasonable efforts to ensure that published event information is accurate, you may occasionally notice something that is erroneous, incomplete or misleading. If so, please get in touch with us and we’ll try to correct it as soon as possible.
6. My organisation would like to regularly submit events for inclusion in your calendar – what do I need to do?
Please get in touch with our Editorial Team to discuss how to set up a regular feed, and the overall guidelines for getting your events published automatically.
7. I have submitted an event but it has not yet been published. Why not?
To maintain a minimum level of consistency and quality in the information contained within our Events Listings, we review every submission thoroughly. The publication of your event may delayed because our Moderation team is a bit backlogged and has not yet reached your event. However, occasionally we may need to reject a submission because it violates our Community Guidelines or decide to contact you to ask for additional information. If this is the case, you will receive an email communication from our Moderation team. We try to review all submissions within 48 hours, but this is not always possible. If you feel the publication of your event is being delayed excessively and you have not yet received any communication from H&C, please get in touch with the Customer Care team.
8. How do you decide which events are suitable for publication on H&C?
We will publish all user-submitted events, provided that none of the content received as part of the Event Description does not violate our Community Guidelines. If one of your events is rejected, we encourage you to revise it, and resubmit it.
9. What if I want to submit an event that requires me to post more information that you allow for?
The submission form allows you to enter additional information as part of the Description, which gives you some flexibility to enter content that is unique to your event. If you would like your event to have a more significant presence within our site, please get in touch with us, to learn more about some of the special advertising and sponsorship options available in this area.
10. TV Schedule and Program information
10.1 How often do you update this information?
This information is automatically updated on a weekly basis, so you can always find the most accurate programming schedule for H&C on our site. See the current Full Schedule.
10.2 I’ve missed the last episode of my favorite show. How quickly after it is broadcast may I find it on the H&C site?
Normally, new episodes are available online straight away, but not every show will appear. This depends on complex copyright issues.
10.3 Are all your shows online?
Our intention is to make the entire H&C video archive available to our users on our site and that is the case for the majority of the programs you can see on our TV channel. In some cases, we may not hold the online distribution rights, and thus cannot feature some video content on our site. In addition, on the H&C site you will find archives of past episodes from current and past seasons. You can find all our video in our Television section.
10.4 Is it possible to get in touch with the celebrities/presenters of the show?
Some of the personalities featured in our shows and within the H&C areas of interests have exclusive H&C blogs. They use these to share their areas of expertise, tips and advice on their favourite sports and activities with you. H&C regrets that we cannot pass on any personal letters, emails or gifts to our personalities. You can however, ask an expert a question by using contacting us. We cannot guarantee that your question will be used, but we endeavour to use as many as possible.