What to wear at Burghley International Horse trials
The Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials is one of the major events in the English countryside’s social calendar – with four action-packed days of equestrian thrills and spills!
With over 150,000 visitors, getting your outfit to stand out from the crowd can be a daunting task and could leave you making a ‘spur’ of the moment fashion faux pas! We caught up with Fairfax & Favor who gave us their thoughts on what will make you hot to trot!
- Practical footwear is always a must at events like these as the English weather is quite unpredictable. Fairfax & Favor’s Imperial Explorers offer the ultimate comfort, while looking fantastic – and the best part is they are water resistant.
- Looking effortlessly chic it is all about incorporating simplicity with style, and pairing a crisp blouse from the Oxford Shirt Company with a tweed sporting jacket from Holland Cooper will give you that winning look.
- For accessories, a classic fedora from Hicks & Brown paired with the Tusting Leather Cardington Handbag from Farlows is the perfect combo, incorporating tasteful style with a country twist.
- For all horsey lovers County Equestrian Jewellers have created hand-made, timeless pieces to add that finishing flourish to your outfit.
- A man’s best accessory is his shoes and Fairfax & Favor’s newest addition is their Desert Boots. Light, airy and breathable, this boot includes a combination of soft suede with a padded insole and duel leather rubber sole for the practicalities of British weather.
- Picking the right shirt is key and the Oxford Shirt Company pink linen shirt allows you to be both comfortable and stylish. Pair it with a classic Navy Blazer from Oliver Brown to finish your look.
- When it comes to trousers, you can’t go wrong with a classic pair of chinos like the Cotton Drill trousers by Oliver Brown.
- Add a belt from Fairfax & Favor and a silk pocket square to ensure you’re the front runner for best looking gent of the day!
FEI Classics 2016/2017: Burghley premieres on 12 September at 9pm on Sky 253, or you can watch online via H&C Play or Amazon Video.