Junior Presentation Scheduler
Location: Cwmbran, Wales
The Presentation Scheduler’s job is to make the channel run smoothly and look elegant. On a daily basis you will be dealing with the placement of commercials and promos into the channel’s schedule, as well as programme changes, break changes and chasing content which is due to playout on the channel. All of these tasks are integral to the channel broadcasting successfully, so organisation is key to being a good Presentation Scheduler, as well as the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will be involved in every aspect of the broadcast chain. Working closely with operator platforms, advertising sales houses, content producers and playout facilities. The scheduling team work closely with the edit team liaising about the presentation of material, editing of promos for the channel and to ensure content delivery to our playout centre.
Working closely with the Head of Programming, it is the scheduling team’s responsibility to make sure all programmes and other material have been received ready for playout. This will also involve liaising with clients for programme delivery information.
We are looking for a flexible person who thrives in a busy environment. You will need to be a good problem solver who enjoys working under pressure and is able to think quickly and react swiftly to ever-changing requirements.
- Creation of schedules in conjunction with the Head of Programming
- Presentation scheduling across the H&C Network of channels
- Commercial airtime scheduling
- EPG data delivery
- Client and Third Party liaison
- Creation of break schedule
- Reporting of As-Runs, Transmission Reports and Music Cue Entry
- To be able to sustain a high performance level when under pressure from a large volume of work and conflicting priorities.
- Be able to demonstrate careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to chase clients who are delivering material.
- Effective time management and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload with competence to work independently and as an integral part of a team.
- To demonstrate initiative, work flexibly and adapt to an expanding Network and workflow.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Experience with Windows 8, Googledocs and Excel.
- Understanding of the TV industry and other media.
- A passion for TV, Media, Horses, Animals and the Countryside.
- Work experience or placement within another TV channel or playout centre.
- The role is based from the Offices in Cwmbran, so candidates need to live locally to this area.
A great opportunity for a recent graduate looking for an entry level broadcasting position. Interested applicants should send cover letter and CV to Natalie Hayward at [email protected]