A television series on Horse & Country (available on Roku, Amazon Prime Video, online via H&C website or mobile apps, Virgin Media TV and Sky 184), sponsored by Omega Equine. The first and second series were a huge hit – and we’re delighted to be bringing it back for a third series in 2018. This year’s show will be filmed during a four-day training camp at Talland School of Equitation in Gloucestershire, UK on 26 September – 29 September 2018.
We’re not looking for four-star event riders or Grand Prix dressage gurus. What we want is real riders, who love nothing better than riding, training, competing and sharing all the details of their equestrian life online. Having said that, you need to be a confident rider who is capable of competing at lower affiliated level or above (or a similar unaffiliated standard). It doesn’t matter what discipline you compete in, though ideally you should be comfortable doing flatwork and some jumping.
But this isn’t just a riding competition, we’re looking for all round stars who impress us with their personality, media savvy, tenacity and will to learn, as well as their skills in the saddle.
Anyone over the age of 18, from the UK and Ireland can enter. You must be able to attend the training camp at Talland School of Equitation from 26 September – 29 September 2018, and you need to get yourself and your horse there.
You need to have your own horse (though loan horses and share horses are welcome too, if you have the owner’s’ permission). Horses or ponies should be four years old or over, and be fit and able to take part in a busy four-day training camp. Your horse must have up to date vaccinations.
Introduce yourself and your horse in a short audition video, and tell us why you would like to take part in the Omega Equine All Star Academy.
- The audition video should feature you talking directly to camera with your horse in shot – although some additional footage of you riding is a bonus.
- You don’t need to be the next Spielberg but you should aim for good sound (use a microphone, and avoid wind or background noise). Hold the camera steady, or even better, get someone to film you. Choose a good location – it’s a bit distracting if you audition next to a sign for the toilets!
- Don’t use music. We will not be able to accept your audition.
- Your audition video should be between 1-2 minutes but must be no longer than two minutes otherwise it won’t be accepted. Be as creative as you like – we’ll be impressed if you include some basic video editing and showcase your vlogging abilities.
- Let your personality shine through! We’re looking for confident, outgoing people who will be engaging to watch as part of the show.
To see what we’re looking for, watch the audition videos submitted by contestants in the previous shows.
You can submit your audition video as a YouTube link. To do this, you will need to create a YouTube account (if you don’t already have one) and then upload your audition video to your account.Make sure your video is titled with your first and last name only.
Once uploaded, copy and paste the link of your YouTube audition video into the entry form. Click here for help on how to upload a video to YouTube.
You must submit your audition by midnight on Monday, 6 August 2018. The successful entries will be chosen and contestants notified by Friday 24 August 2018.
All ready to go? Click here to fill in your entry form.
If you are chosen to attend the training camp you will need to arrange your own transport to the venue – no travel costs will be covered. You should supply your horse’s own hard feed (to avoid sudden changes in diet) and bring all your required tack, clothing and equipment, but all hay and bedding will be supplied. Accommodation will be provided at Talland in shared dormitories. Food and drink will also be provided. If you’re selected, we’ll provide comprehensive details, including a list of the equipment you need to bring with you.
Dairy Farm, Ampney Knowle, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 5ED.
Courtesy of our amazing sponsors, the eight finalists selected to take part in the show will win a prize package worth over £1,000 from the following brands:
- Omega Equine
- Charles Owen
The overall winner will also receive a year’s sponsorship and products from Omega Equine plus the chance to co-present an episode of Rudall’s Round Up with Jenny on Horse & Country.