Event Rider Masters coming to H&C
H&C is excited to announce it has teamed up with the Event Rider Masters (ERM) series and will be bringing you highlights from all events this season.
Big prize money
The 2017 calendar consists of seven legs, worth £50,000 each. This means there is a total prize pot of £400,000 up for grabs, making it the most valuable series in eventing. In addition, there is a £50,000 bonus for the leading riders at the end of the series.
As well as a boost in prize money, ERM is expanding into mainland Europe. The second leg takes place at the Internationales Wiesbadener PfingstTurnier in Germany, while leg four will be at Haras de Jardy in France. There are future plans to extend the series into other continents, establishing it as the first global series in eventing.
ERM is held at the most prestigious eventing competitions in the world. Here is the line up for 2017:
- Leg 1 – Dodson & Horrell Chatsworth International Horse Trials (UK) 13th – 14th May
- Leg 2 – Internationales Wiesbadener PfingstTurnier (Germany) 2nd – 3rd June
- Leg 3 – St James’s Place Barbury International Horse Trials (UK) 8th – 9th July
- Leg 4 – Haras de Jardy (France) 15th – 16th July
- Leg 5 – Festival of British Eventing, Gatcombe Park (UK) 5th – 6th August
- Leg 6 – Blair Castle Equi-Trek International Horse Trials (UK) 26th – 27th August
- Leg 7 – Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials (UK) 15th – 16th September
Each event will see forty of the world’s best riders and horses competing in a shortened CIC three-star format, over two days.
Last year’s winner Oliver Townend said this new format produced “very competitive performances” from riders across all three phases.
“It is very exciting for us that ERM has an additional leg for 2017 and will be expanding into Europe,” he said. “I expect this will up the level of competition again, which is great for the sport, spectators and ERM viewers.
“I hope to target a few different horses and cannot wait to be part of the series again.”
ERM’s format has been designed to engage spectators and attract a big TV audience. H&C is excited to bring you a one-hour highlights show from each leg, which will be shown throughout the summer.
We will bring you more information on this great new series over the coming months, so keep a lookout on Facebook and Twitter.