But this isn’t just a riding competition, we’re looking for all round stars who impress us with their personality, media savvy, tenacity and will to learn, as well as their skills in the saddle.
Anyone over the age of 18, from the UK and Ireland can enter. You must be able to attend the training camp at Talland School of Equitation from 28 March – 1 April, and you need to get yourself and your horse there.
You need to have your own horse (though loan horses and share horses are welcome too, if you have the owner’s’ permission). Horses or ponies should be four years old or over, and be fit and able to take part in a busy four-day training camp. Your horse must have up to date vaccinations.
- The audition video should feature you talking directly to camera with your horse in shot – although some additional footage of you riding is a bonus.
- You don’t need to be the next Spielberg but you should aim for good sound (use a microphone, and avoid wind or background noise). Hold the camera steady, or even better, get someone to film you. Choose a good location – it’s a bit distracting if you audition next to a sign for the toilets!
- Don’t use music unless you know for sure it’s rights-free – any Rihanna or Coldplay etc., and we’ll not be able to accept your audition. If in doubt, don’t use it.
- Your audition video should be no longer than two minutes. Be as creative as you like – we’ll be impressed if you include some basic video editing and showcase your vlogging abilities.
- Let your personality shine through! We’re looking for confident, outgoing people who will be engaging to watch as part of the show.
To see what we’re looking for, watch the audition videos submitted by the eight contestants in last year’s show.
Once uploaded, copy and paste the link of your YouTube audition video into the entry form. Click here for help on how to upload a video to YouTube. Alternatively, you can upload your video directly to our website. You’ll find instructions for doing this on the entry form.
You must submit your audition by midnight on Sunday, 5 March 2017. The successful entries will be chosen and contestants notified by Wednesday 8 March 2017.
All ready to go? Click here to fill in your entry form.
- A range of supplements for your horse from Blue Chip Feed
- A cooler rug from Bucas
- A Charles Owen helmet
- Bedding (during your stay at Talland) and a range of goodies from easibed
- Horse boots from Equilibrium Products
- Jodhpurs or breeches from Eurostar
- A pair of ICE-VIBE therapy boots
- A Micklem bridle
- An Airowear AirMesh Jacket or an Ayrvest
- A pair of RockFish wellies in a range of bright colours
- A pair of Sovereign boots from Mountain Horse
- A bitting consultation and a suitable bit for your horse from The Horse Bit Shop
The overall winner will also receive a year’s sponsorship and products from Blue Chip Feed plus the chance to co-present an episode of Rudall’s Round Up with Jenny on Horse & Country TV.